I swear to all that is cheesy and good, I am not a Bridezilla, but admissions must be made: The wedding planning process is NO JOKE. Generally, I fancy myself as a wanna-be home chef who enjoys coming up with ideas using the options available to me, a la Amy Adams in Julie/Julia. I watch a decent amount of Food Network, but I’ve never taken a real cooking class (though I’m dying to!).
I’ve been tending towards simple and hearty *coughEASYcough* recipes lately because I can work on wedding arrangements or stuff for my business before after or while it’s cooking instead of standing over a hot stock pot all evening. These personal naan pizzas are perfect for kids, couples and anyone that likes to chow down!!
Tandoor baked naan bread
Shredded mozzarella or cheese of choice
Sauce base: marinara, pesto or alfredo
Any toppings you want!
1.Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Arrange your naan bases on a pizza stone or foil lined baking sheet.
3. Top with your a thin layer of your sauce of choice.
4. Add the cheese!
5. Pile on the toppings! This time we used pepperoni, mushroom, onions and bell pepper.
6. (Optional) You can brush the “crust” part of your naan with some extra virgin olive oil for a bit more flavor.
7. Bake about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. I used broil for the last 2-3 minutes.
8. Let them rest long enough for cheese to begin to set, then cut in halves or fourths and enjoy!